At Family Hearing Centers in Knoxville and Eastern Tennessee, service is a major part of our commitment to you. We offer proactive follow-up care, including cleaning, maintenance and repair of your hearing aids.
Because your hearing aids are both electrical and mechanical devices, they are susceptible to malfunctions and require proper care. Here are some general tips to follow:
- Do not wear your devices in the shower or while swimming.
- Wear a hat or ear muffs to cover your ears if you will be outside in the rain or snow.
- Remove your hearing aids at night and keep them open so that any moisture will dry.
- Keep your devices away from heat and flame as well as small children and pets.
- If your hearing aids fail, do not attempt to fix them yourself.
Should your hearing aids require repair, we can perform minor adjustments on-site. We will send your instruments to the manufacturer should more extensive repair be required.
We recommend bringing your hearing aids in for routine cleaning and maintenance every 4-6 months. Schedule your appointment today.