Many people have difficulty believing or accepting that they have a hearing loss. One reason is that hearing loss often occurs so gradually that it’s not easy to notice at first. Often people discover their hearing loss from the negative reaction of others.
- People seem to mumble all of the time.
- You hear, but have trouble understanding all the words in a conversation.
- You often ask people to repeat themselves.
- Your family complains that you keep the television volume too high.
- You have trouble hearing when people are walking away from you.
- Conversations in a crowd, restaurant, or car are difficult to follow.
- Sometimes people seem angry or frustrated when talking with you.
- At times, it seems like too much effort to hear, so you decline invitations to go out or spend time with others.
Hearing loss can occur at any age and for many reasons. If you experience any of these problems, schedule your hearing exam today.